Rideau Community Health Services is continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and is working to ensure the health and well-being of our community, clients and staff.
Although most of our staff are working remotely from home, we continue to see our most vulnerable clients in person. We are also accepting appointments and new referrals for all of our programs. Please call us for more information.
We have modified our hours of operation. Before you come to any of our locations, please call us and we will help you determine the best way to meet your needs.
Before Your Primary Care Appointment
- Your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner will help you decide if you need to be seen in person
- You will be screened over the phone for your risk of COVID-19
- You will be asked to bring a mask to your appointment
Virtual or Phone Visit
- Choose a quiet, private space for your appointment, with minimal distractions or background noise
- Have your computer turned on ahead of time or your phone line open
- Please be on time
- Follow the link provided
When you arrive:
- Sanitize your hands, put on a mask if you haven’t already
- You will be screened for your risk of COVID-19
- Practice physical distancing
- Please come to your appointment alone unless support is needed
- Arrive as close to your appointment time as possible
During your appointment:
- Wear a mask
- Your provider will be wearing personal protective equipment
- Try and limit the amount of surfaces or equipment you touch
After your appointment:
- Sanitize your hands
- Immediately leave the building while practicing physical distancing
For more information
- You can find reliable information about the coronavirus on the LGL District Health Unit website www.healthunit.org, www.publichealthontario.ca, or www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- For information on local food banks, click here.
- A Friendly Voice is designed to provide an option for seniors who may be feeling lonely or isolated.
- Find programs and services in your community. Visit 211 Ontario.
- Financial help for Canadians affected by COVID-19
- Seniors' Centre Without Walls Programs for Adults 55+. View the poster here.
- Download the RCHS Pandemic Safety Plan