Collection of Your Personal Health Information
We collect your personal health information from you directly or from agents acting on your behalf. The personal health information may include your name, date of birth, Health Card Number, address, health history, records of your visits to Rideau Community Health Services and the care that you received during those visits, and other relevant information.
Safeguarding your Personal Health Information
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
Use and Disclosures of Your Personal Health Information
We may use or disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you and to enable you to participate in our programs and services;
- Receive payment for your treatment and care (e.g. from funding agencies, WSIB, private insurers, etc.);
- Inform funding agencies (e.g. Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care) for health system management purposes;
- Conduct quality improvement activities;
- Ensure we comply with legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. infectious disease reporting);
- *Enable our participation in shared Electronic Health Records programs and/or regional and provincial health information repositories to help provide you with care
You may request to access and correct your Personal Health Information, or withdraw your consent for the above uses and disclosures. Please speak to your health care provider. Your withdrawal of consent may be subject to legal exceptions.
*Connecting Ontario is the platform enabling doctors and clinicians to share your medical data in a safe, secure digital format that will improve the care you receive. If you have any questions or concerns about this program you may call 1-866-250-1554 or email email@example.com
For more information about our privacy practices or to raise a concern, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe your rights have been violated, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office/Ontario: 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8