Rideau Community Health Services (RCHS) clients have rights and responsibilities related to the care and services they receive. In addition to RCHS Rights and Responsibilities we also uphold the Ontario Patient Declaration of Values (Appendix A).
As a client of RCHS, you have the right to:
- Be treated with respect, courtesy and dignity in a safe and secure environment
- Receive high quality care regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, gender, mental or physical disability or sexual orientation
- Know the name and professional designation of the people providing you service and be assured that they are properly qualified to provide you care
- Receive information from us to help you make informed decisions and with your consent, participate in the planning and delivery of your care
- Be considered a full partner in your health care
- Have your preferences considered in the planning and delivery of services provided to you
- Receive information regarding the services available to you in the community
- Expect that your personal health information will be kept confidential and be accessible to you if you want to see them
- Consent to or deny the release of your personal health information
- Expect reasonable continuity of care and timely delivery of services
- Speak with an employee about any concern(s) that you may have without fear that it will affect the quality of care that you receive
As a client of RCHS, you are responsible to:
- Provide relevant information.
- Make decisions about following a treatment plan and accept responsibility for the decisions you have made in partnership with your health care provider
- Be courteous and respectful of other clients, volunteers and members of the staff.
- Recognize that the needs of other clients may sometimes be more urgent than your own.
- Recognize that providers need not provide any treatment that they consider to be medically or ethically inappropriate.
- Respect the time of staff and other clients by attending scheduled appointments and call if you are unable to keep your appointment.
Client Rights and Responsibilities will be posted at each RCHS site as well as on the website.