Rideau Community Health Services is a Community Health Centre in the Lanark, Leeds and Grenville region that provides primary care for rostered clients. Primary care is provided by both nurse practitioners (NPs) and physicians who work in a collaborative team environment. Like physicians, our nurse practitioners diagnose, order tests, consult with specialists, and provide ongoing and coordinated care to their clients. Our nurse practitioners help us to deliver comprehensive, accessible, and person-centered care to people of all ages and stages of life.
Our primary care providers (nurse practitioners and physicians) work alongside a multidisciplinary team of allied health professionals who offer a diverse range of programs and services for everyone in our communities. As an integral part of our primary care provider team, nurse practitioners:
- Deliver comprehensive, accessible, person-centered, and coordinated primary care services to people of all ages and stages of their life.
- Involve clients in decisions about their care and improve access to primary health care.
- Reduce pressures on the health care system
- Provide high-quality management of chronic illness and enhanced health promotion.
- Increase care coordination and navigation of the health care system with the community through community partnerships.
- Focus on holistic care that addresses all needs of each client.
To learn more about the many programs and services we offer, visit our Programs and Services page here: www.rideauchs.ca/programs-services