3 June, 2021 /
- A new vaccine statistics dashboard is available this week from LGL Public Health.
Booking an Appointment
- Visit LGL PH COVID-19 Protection and Vaccines page for details of how to book your vaccine appointment.
- Booking lines are busy so please be patient or try calling back later in the day or week.
- If you don’t immediately see appointments available, please keep trying as more availability will be added to the system when more vaccine is received or appointments have been cancelled.
- Second dose appointments are available for those that reach their 16 week interval or that qualify for an earlier dose (individuals 80 plus/born in 1941 or earlier are now eligible for an earlier second dose)
- Self-booking can now be done online as well as through our call centre.
- This is a booking system, it does not assess eligibility. If there is availability you will be able to book an appointment. If you are not eligible, you will be turned away at the clinic.
- The new weekly contingency list program offers up last minute doses to those in the priority groups. Signs up each week between Tuesday at 8:00am and Wednesday at 4:30pm to be called.
- Be sure to cancel any not needed appointments – information about how to cancel is on this page
Vaccines for Youth 12–17
- It is recommended to book at one of the specific Youth Clinics held in June in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark. These clinics are reserved specifically for youth ages 12–21 to ensure they can get their first dose and will have some special supports and a youth-friendly environment. Information about these clinics can be found here. Youth can book outside of these clinics – but will likely get in sooner through them due to the scarcity of other appointment times.
- Information on how to book into these clinics, will be sent home through the school and community partners that work with and support youth. Please watch for details, coming this week.
Update on Pharmacy Program
- Ontario Pharmacies have Pfizer and Moderna vaccine for first and second doses. Check here to find one close to you.
- Second dose administration of the AstraZeneca vaccine is available for those who received a first dose of AZ from March 10 to 19 in Ontario pharmacies.
- More details to come on those that received AstraZeneca after March 20.