4 January, 2022 /
On behalf of all staff at RCHS, we would like to extend our warmest wishes for a happy New Year.
Our sites continue to remain open with appointments being offered both in-person (when needed) and by phone/virtually.
As always, we remain committed to providing excellent care to our clients. We ask for your kindness and patience as our staff navigate this pandemic and all its challenges. There may be times over the next several weeks that we have limited staff available if our team members are ill or are required to isolate. We appreciate your understanding.
Some quick reminders for clients
- Phone or virtual appointments are encouraged and will be offered when appropriate as determined by your provider. You may receive a call if your provider deems your appointment can be appropriately held via phone or virtually.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are symptomatic, please do not come on site. If you have an in-person appointment scheduled and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please let us know in advance (Smiths Falls Site – 613-283-1952; Merrickville Site – 613-269-3400; Brockville Site – 613-498-1555).
- Please post-pone calling about non-urgent issues when possible.
- At this time, group programming is being paused until further recommendations and guidelines are available.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have had an exposure and need to get tested, you can review the testing eligibility criteria here: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/assessment-testing-results/
- If you have a household contact who has tested positive for COVID-19, you are required to self-isolate for 5 days.
- If you are a primary care client and experiencing worsening symptoms, or if you have concerns, please call to book a virtual appointment with your provider.
- If you have not received a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, we encouraged you to book an appointment to receive the vaccine as soon as possible. More information on vaccine availability and booking an appointment can be found here: https://healthunit.org/health-information/covid-19/protection/vaccine-clinics/
We thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we navigate this next phase of the pandemic.